Dr.Mamasaheb Jagdale , founder of Shri Shivaji Shikshan Prasarak Mandal , Barshi , 1946 , started this college in 1960. The area of the college premises is 10.67 acres. Earlier it was a multifaculty college. But in the year 1969, Commerce faculty was separated from this college. Therefore, thereafter it is a two faculty college imparting education to the students of arts and science faculties. It is recognized under 2F in the year 1971 and 12B in 1995. In the year 1995 we got permanent affiliation. The sanstha aims at imparting liberal and vocational education up to university level embodying social , cultural , agricultural , scientific , commercial , industrial education to the downtrodden and rising generation of India irrespective of religion, caste and creed, gender etc. The sanstha runs seven colleges, 14 High Schools, 4 Primary and 2 Pre Primary Schools including two boarding and well equipped hospital with 250 beds.